Mickey's Search Party: Best Disney on Ice Yet!
Catch the last of the Disney on Ice shows before they skate out of So Cal.
If you think Disney on Ice is what it was when we were kids in the 80s and 90s, think again! Mickey's Search Party was the best production of Disney on Ice I have ever seen. You could literally hear "ooohs, ahhs" and gasps with this season's performances and tricks.
Earlier this month, we were invited to a special pre-show party as well as the opening night of the Disney on Ice show to start off the show season in Southern California. They had a cute backdrop for pictures--perfect for our meet and greet with our pal Tinkerbell! She is the cast member from the production, and if I may say so myself--a very important character in the story line! She played and twirled with the kiddos. They also chatted about fairy stuff--you know the usual Neverland things. These are the type of chats we have when you never grow up. And by the way, don't grow up! It's a trap..and in the words of Peter Pan himself, "once you grow up you can never go back."
The meet and greet got the girls super pumped for the show and for the rest of the pre-show party! And yes, even us moms got a little time with Tink ourselves. I ran into some other blogger friends from the Los Angeles Mommy Blog Tribe and from So Cal Disney Moms! You know them as Kathy Copcutt from Belair Mommie--she has fab Twitter parties, interesting podcasts, and all the deets to all the new movies that come out. Then there were Monica Villa from Monica Plus 2 and Angie Gaxiola from The Sweeter Taste of Life--they are the co-founders of my favorite Disney Moms' group, "So Cal Disney Moms." It was such a treat seeing our friends!
Here are some snap shots of us with Tinkerbell. We are all such children at heart....
And, in celebration of Pixar's Coco and Miguel and the Coco segment's full debut, we also got to enjoy music from the Mariachi Juniors. They played traditional Mexican music as well as music from the Coco Soundtrack--some of them even sang solos like our favorite, "Remember Me."
We also got to do Coco-inspired activities and crafts. One of them was for a family tree, coloring your own spirit guide/animal, and making our own paper version of Mexico's iconic Marigold flower.
The full debut did not disappoint. It had the best overall performance from the production, and was a crowd-pleaser.
Here are my overall thoughts about the production:
1. Mickey's Search Party was hands down the best Disney on Ice Show in years! It was double the magic on ice and in the air. Yes, in the air! This show has added aerial aspects that haven't been seen at previous productions.
2. I'm going to say it again, Coco was, in my opinion, had the greatest overall performance.
3. The Little Mermaid segment with the Ariel and Prince Eric showcased the best aerial performance and had my favorite song remix to "Kiss The Girl."
4. And, Frozen with the icemen had the most phenomenal stunts and tricks on ice.
5. Basically, if you took your kids as toddlers and preschoolers, and you think they're too old for it now. You need to take them back again because even the older kids and adults were getting so into this show!
Don't forget to check out my previous article on How To Get Affordable Tickets to Disney on Ice--as well as the listing of remaining shows for the season!
As always, be sure to check out the full event on my IG: @happiestjenonearth under "Disney: Mickey's Search Party."